Tuesday, August 27, 2013

All the girls I met were lovely.

Alright~ So, here's the thing. I have a massive update prepared for the Tokyo blog. Or rather, it'll just be a long post with lots of fun pictures. At the moment, however, I'm going to write up a post for the past week, then I'll post the Tokyo blog sometime later this week. That being said~ Let's get going.

So, after our return from Tokyo, we dropped our bags in the (horrifically hot) apartment and made a beeline for karaoke. We were tired, but the apartment was ghastly and we just wanted to have a fun way to end our vacation~ We ended up singing a mix of Disney, English and Japanese songs. I discovered the Takarazuka section has some versions of their songs that have you singing along with the troupe, which was pretty fun~ We also found a few anime songs that we haven't sung or seen in yeeears and did them for giggles. It was a fun time~
Last week was a little on the boring side~ It was back to work for both David and I, so we were a bit busy with that. I had an ok week. The kids were a little crankier than usual, but I guess that's to be expected after being away from school for 2 weeks. David spent some time in Sega World and he won the world's biggest gummy candy. True story. Look at that candy! It's huge!
I actually didn't have plans until late Friday afternoon! I found out from my co-workers that there was going to be a big matsuri in Izumi on Saturday, so I asked around to see if any of my friends wanted to go. My friend Kazue came with me! She had originally made plans with some other people to go clubbing later than night, so she wore normal clothes. Halfway to meeting me they cancelled, so that's why she wasn't wearing a yukata! She was kinda sad about that, but there's always next time! It was soooo crowded! I had been told that Izumi has a really good turnout, but I wasn't sure what to expect~ I had fun, though! Kazue grabbed herself some shaved ice and I settled down with some yakisoba and we just waited for the fireworks to start. ...All while being eaten alive by mosquitoes! Thank god Kazue found her bug repellant!
Around 7ish when it was just starting to get dark, we noticed that there were lanterns being floated on the water! It was so pretty! I think kids from the local school or neighbourhood decorated them~ They were cute!
I shot some videos of the fireworks~ They were really nice! And were were sitting beside a group of guys that would cheer everytime even a semi-impressive display shot off. It was kinda funny~ They used random English, too, which was kinda hilarious. I added some perky music to the videos, since there wasn't much to them except people going 'Ooooh! Yay! Awwww!'

After the fireworks were over, Kazue and I decided to grab dinner at Saizeriya. It's cheap and tasty~ And we got drink bar, so I fueled up on spaghetti and CC Lemon. Yum~~~
On Sunday, I went to my first real Japanese lolita event. Kazue had invited me to go with her and a co-worker of hers the day before and I was kinda nervous~ I'd never really gone to a real event like this and I wanted to make a nice impression. I don't know why I worried so much~ All the girls I met were lovely. So friendly and sweet. I got a lot of compliments on my hair~ It's interested to see how much the community in Japan differs from the communities across the pond. I feel like, in Sendai at least, the 'rules' to wearing the fashion are a little more lax. Girls aren't as scared to take risks or 'bend the rules' a bit with their outfits. Which, is kinda refreshing.
The girl in the long white dress was hilarious~ And the girl in the pink dress with the bunny ears is known in the area as Usagi-san. (Ms. Bunny) Her dream in life is to be a rabbit. Seriously. She's so cute~ Very sweet, too. She always wear this really cute bunny backpack from Angelic Pretty and she let me hold it. I want one. Sooo cute.
So, the event was basically a market where girls could meet up and buy some accessories from indie stores. I picked up a couple cute things for cheap~ A rose hair pin for an dress I'm wearing to the big tea party next month and a sweet little crocheted brooch to wear with the white dress I had on during that event. It seemed the standard fair to give candy or a little treat bag with your purchase, which I thought was sweet.
Oh~ There was a Butler Cafe at the event, too! The butler serving us, reD, was new and nervous and didn't speak any English, but he spoke to me with Kazue translating for us both. Most successful flirting by a butler to date! He asked where I was from and when he heard I was from Canada he proceeded to tell me how much he loves Canada~ He thinks of it as a very cool and nice place to live and that everyone seems to love it. Playing to my love of my home country is always a great way for a butler to flirt. Awesome~

After the event, we popped to the Hampstead Tea Room for a bite. I hadn't eaten that day, so I was starving for something filling and heavy. All they had was cake. And I reeeeally didn't want anything sweet. So, I just bought myself a cup of Lady Grey and waited to meet David so we could grab dinner. And I might add~ The Tea Room was nice, but about as expensive as British Hills. And the tea I was given was hot, but reeeeally weak. I was kinda sad.
Which leads us to this morning~ On my way to work I spotted some Animal Crossing candies in the grocery store! So, naturally, I picked some up.

No comments:

Post a Comment