Saturday, September 14, 2013

It tasted like home.

So, moving right along~ The next day was Disney avec Gayner day! Wooo! It was a billion degrees out again and I had forgotten my parasol! So, I was resigned to frying that day. We made plans to meet at Maihama station at 10ish. David and I caught the 9:30 shuttle bus from the hotel and got to Disney with some time to spare. We opted to take the monorail to meet Gayner. That was a mistake! It was fun, but Gayner literally just missed the train! The doors the closed as she came up the stairs! Awww. It's ok~ We met up at the next stop and proceeded into Disney!
Because of the 30th anniversary thing going on there park was decorated with cute Mickey balloon decor and whatnots~ I liked it. We passed through World Bazaar and made a beeline to get fastpasses for Space Mountain.

The fast passes were for 12:30~1:30, so we had some time to kill. We ended up heading towards Toon Town. I love Toon Town~ It's too cute. We got in line for Gadget's Coaster and just chatted while the line moved. God, I think that's my favourite part of Tokyo Disney. The GADGET Coaster! Like, Rescue Rangers Gadget! Ahhh~ Nostalgia. It's a short ride, but still.
I grabbed a cute bottle of water after the ride and we dithered about what ride to do next. We ended up going on It's a Small World~ It's a tradition after all. And it's air conditioned. We managed to catch the Parade of Nations or whatever the clock chime show thing is. Yay for Mounties! There was this really cute kid who kept making a break for it. His family was in line behind us and he kept darting out to get further in the line, but his parents always called him back. We thought it was hilarious and at one point we arranged ourselves so that he couldn't get through us and away from his parents. So what did the kid do? He pushed his arms between Gayner and I and wedged himself through! It was so cute! His parents were embarrassed, but we just said it was ok and we didn't mind. Hahaha.
We grabbed a quick snack after this (I got apple sherbet. It was really yummy!) and decided to hop on the Mark Twain steamship. It's relaxing and nice and there's lots of ducks to see. And people attempting to canoe. God, it must be the Canadian in me, but everytime I watch people at Disney attempt to paddle it makes me cringe. The poor cast members are paddling with all their strength and everyone else is just kinda half hearting it. It's sickening I tells ya! >[ But anywho~ The steamboat. It's nice~ We saw a few trains pass, too.
Oh, we also noticed the ship makes a stop at Hannibal. I was a little concerned about that~ Someone help Will Graham! (There. I said it. Hahaha.)

We grabbed lunch after the boat~ There were no seats ANYWHERE! We got a quick bite from the TomorrowLand Launch Pad restaurant. I got the scrambled eggs and chicken over rice thing again. What can I say~ It's tasty! We ended up settling on a patch of the floor near the water fountain. I made the clever observation that at least we managed to find the water source. Hahaha. It was crazy, though! There were people just passed out on the floor in some spots. A siesta would have been a fabulous idea, if we were at a Disney park. Anywho~

We ran over to Space Mountain to use our Fast Passes... but... They weren't for Space Mountain! We had Star Tours fast passes! We went to the wrong spot for Space Mountain in the morning! So, we scrambled over to the proper place and got passes for 6:30ish. And then we hopped onto Star Tours. It was awesome! David was bouncing around like a 5year old he was so excited to do it. Hahaha. It was cute~~

After the ride, we wandered out to see the castle and the decorations in the main square area. It was pretty cool~ The theme for the summer was Summer Matsuri, so it was decorated as such.
We popped into the Penny Arcade too, and won a puffy Mickey thing. It was cute~
The rest of the day passed nicely~ We did the steam train which was nice. we also did the Jungle Cruise. It's still enjoyable, even if it's in Japanese and I can't understand half the jokes. I do miss the English version, though~ I'll never forget that Smiley the crocodile has a girlfriend named Ginger and to watch out because she snaps!

I made sure to hydrate as much as possible thing time. I really did. But, I still managed to get a wicked headache by the end of the day. I think it may be due to my eyes taking in too much sunlight, if that makes sense. I need to wear shades next time to put my theory to the test~ Still, it was an enjoyable day. Gayner went home at around 7ish. David and I stayed and wandered for a bit longer. We caught part of the summer show. It had water cannons that sprayed the crowd throughout the show. That was fun. I wanted to watch the Electrical parade, but at this point we were both pretty zonked. That and David hates the music. Haha. So, we bought our omiyage and headed back. I also would like to point out that David insisted on carrying my Shellie Mae wristbag all day. He strapped her into his backpack~ Might have to get him a Duffy to match my Shellie Mae.
Thursday was WICKED day! Man~ I was sooooo excited to go see it! It was all in Japanese, but I've seen the English version via youtube. I know the story. I had splurged and made sure to get us the best tickets available at the time of purchase. We were in row 12. And it was PERFECT. I could see everything! The costumes were stunning. Does anyone know how to sew? And will you make me Glinda's bubble gown? I've been dreaming of wearing it. Anywho~ When the music started up at the beginning I actually got teary eyed. I was just so happy.
And then it was Friday~ We had a shinkansen at 8pm, so we popped out luggage into a locker at Tokyo station and drifted. We ended up in Harajuku because I wanted to check out Closet Child~ Which, sadly, had NOTHING I was interested in buying. I was so sad. But, I ended up finding that white dress I wore to that lolita thing a few posts back in Innocent World's shop, so it all worked out. Yay~
After that, we drifted back to Tokyo station. I wanted to check out the Maruzen bookstore and they had some dinosaur stuff on the main floor, so David wanted to check that out. I loooove that bookstore. They have a massive English book section. There was a book about Mary Tudor, Henry VIII's sister, but it was 4,000yen! It looked super interesting, too! Oh well. Maybe I'll find it at home in Canada this December... I picked up a magazine and we popped to a restaurant across from the dinosaur stuff for dinner. I got the chicken with potatoes and bacon. HOLY CRAP. It was freaking amazing. It tasted like home. Honestly, it did. Real bacon, potatoes like how mum makes them and yummy chicken. I was so happy.
PS. The magazine came with an awesome calendar. It's on the shelf behind me so if we skype you can see it. :D

We caught our shinkansen home and managed to get back to Natori in one piece. When we got back, though, our apartment was the temperature of Mount Vesuvius on a bad day. So, we dropped our bags off and went to karaoke for an hour while the air conditioning kicked in. Hahaha. It was awesome.

And that was our Tokyo adventure~ It was amazing and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment